jomooney.com.au respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 as amended ,to the highest standard. Those principals regulate most of our activities with respect to personal information collected, stored, used and disclosed by us and is aimed at describing the various ways we collect, hold, manage and use your personal information, and the steps we take to protect that information.
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold:
For prospective purchasers and vendors, jomooney.com.au may collect: general contact details, such as home address and telephone number; current property ownership details; proposed or desired real estate details; and your history of real estate sales and purchases.
How jomooney.com.au collects and holds personal information:
The majority of information collected and held by jomooney.com.au is sourced from personal information provided either in person to jomooney.com.au online via jomooney.com.au. This may include initial correspondences regarding possible sales or purchases of real estate. Additional personal information is sourced from public databases such as Telstra White Pages and the Titles Office, State Revenue Office and other publically available information.
The purposes for which jomooney.com.au collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information:
For individuals who appoint jomooney.com.au to Manage or Sell a Property, we will use your personal information for that purpose.
For individuals who enquire through jomooney.com.au about purchasing real estate, or who attend a jomooney.com.au open for inspection, we will use your personal information for a variety of reasons. These include: – Informing the property vendor about who inspected their property;
- For the safety and security of our staff and other inspection attendees;
- Compliance with our obligations under Victorian real-estate regulations and legislation;
- To allow jomooney.com.au to provide you with further information on a certain property, or to provide information regarding related properties;
- For any other purpose that you would reasonably expect jomooney.com.au to use or disclose your personal information in the process of executing that purpose.
- For any other purpose specified to you at the time that the personal information was collected.
If you enquire with jomooney.com.au in regard to a Tenancy Application, we will use your personal information to create an evaluation of your application. We may also disclose this information to the property’s landlord in the process of evaluating your Application.
The option for use of anonymity or a pseudonym:
Under the Australian Privacy Principles all individuals have the option to deal with jomooney.com.au through anonymity, or through the use of a pseudonym. This option is revoked in situations where it is impracticable for jomooney.com.au to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves or who have used a pseudonym. An example of such a situation is an individual who enters into a sale or purchase transaction with jomooney.com.au, or enters a Vendors Property or applies for a tenancy.
How jomooney.com.au secures my personal information:
We take all reasonable steps in our efforts to protect and secure your personal information. All personal information is stored on secured servers, reducing the risks of misuse, interference and loss. All personal information is protected against unauthorised access, modification or disclosure through only allowing access to this information by formally authorised personnel.
Although jomooney.com.au takes all reasonable steps to ensure security of personal information, personal information cannot be guaranteed as secured due to unavoidable inherent risks involved in the electric storage and transmission of this information. We advise that you must take this into consideration when providing personal information.
If jomooney.com.au have collected and held personal information and no longer need that information for any purpose whatsoever, we will ensure that reasonable steps in the circumstances will be taken to destroy the information or to ensure that the personal information is permanently de-identified.
How an individual may access and seek correction of personal information that is held by jomooney.com.au:
jomooney.com.au must, on request by an individual, provide access to personal information collected and held about that particular individual. jomooney.com.au will respond to the request for access to the personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
Where necessary, jomooney.com.au will charge a reasonable amount for the time and effort taken to provide the personal information to the individual. This charge will not apply to the making of the request. However, under the Australian Privacy Principles, jomooney.com.au is not required to give requested personal information to the extent that:
- the entity reasonably believes that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety; or
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the entity and the individual, and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- giving access would reveal the intentions of the entity in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; or
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order; or
- both of the following apply:
- the entity has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to the entity’s functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter; or
- giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
- giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within the entity in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
Whether jomooney.com.au is likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients:
The same applies to disclosure to overseas recipients as to local recipients.
How an individual may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles:
You can contact Jo Mooney and be put through to our Internal Privacy Department Privacy Officer.
If jomooney.com.au are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you are welcome to refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner in your State capital.
Privacy Commissioner contact details:
The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 1042
Fax: (02) 9284 9666
How this policy changes over time:
This statement represents our policy as at 7 April 2020. We may change this policy from time to time at our discretion, especially in line with changes in applicable regulations and legislation.